Music today does not have the same impression on me as the music from the 80s and 90s. It is hard to find inspiration in just booty shaking, clout chasing and corny puppy love songs. Music back in the day was more relatable, it felt real and even inspired you in many ways.
There are a few songs that I would like to add to a playlist for a soundtrack of my life. Songs that still make my heart sing, rave or dance. Songs that remind me of love making, lost love and finding a new love.
1. Doo Wop (that thing) – Lauryn Hill
2. Bitter Sweet Symphony- The Verve
3. Ex-Factor – Lauryn Hill
4. Waterfalls – TLC
5. Truly, Madly, Deepy -Savage Garden
6. This is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
7. Don’t walk away – Jade
8. Gonna Make You Sweat – C+C Music Factory
9. All Around The World – Lisa Stanfield
10. Baby Got Back – Sir Mix-a-lot
Baby Got Back is a favorite at Karaoke bars all over. So don’t give me the stick eye for that one. You’ve heard the song before, you cannot deny how catchy it is and even of you can’t rap, you’d still singalong.
All of my soundtrack tunes have significance in certain parts of my life. What are your top ten songs that make up the soundtrack of your life?
This original blog post was written and copyrighted by Juana M. Gumbs. All rights are reserved by her in January 2021 (C)